Tuesday, November 29, 2011

After Thanksgiving Comeback

I was able to keep up my workout routine through my week off for Thanksgiving but my eating from Thanksgiving through the weekend was horrible. Seems the unifying ingredient for anything tasty, rich, and yummy is BUTTER, and I feel like I may have eaten a pound of it! But by Sunday I was craving salad. Weird how your body knows what it needs...sometimes we just need to listen. I did all my workouts last week:

Monday: Yoga and Strength Training
Tuesday: Since I was off, skipped Taebo and went on a long bike ride that was so beautiful my 30 minute workout turned into an hour
Wednesday: 3 mile run on my fave gravel road
Thursday: Supposed to be a day off, but I knew what I was about to eat, so I did a turkey trot with my dogs around the field at the farm
Friday: 2 mile run around field at farm
Saturday: Thankfully was a day of rest
Sunday: 4.5 mi LSR (Long Slow Run...for those of you who may not know)

My long run on Sunday seemed excruciatingly LONG. It was very humid and that tires me out quickly. I had to take several walking breaks and thought about turning back before I got to the 2.25 mile mark but I pushed through it and made all the mileage. I think the long bike ride on Tuesday did a lot of damage to my legs and they have been trying to recover all week because during all my runs after that, they felt like concrete pillars.

This Saturday Ean and I will be doing the Enmark Bridge Run. Doubt we’ll run much because Ean hasn’t done the proper training, but maybe it will inspire him to sign up for another and really train for it ahead of time. I’m just looking forward to the electricity of the crowd of 6,000 runners and walkers and to taking some great pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment