Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pre and Post Workout Snacks

So this is what I've been eating before and after my workouts lately. I generally don't drink a protein shake unless I have a really hard workout and I think I need some good stuff to repair the damage I've done to my muscles. Today I went on a long--60 minute, hard--lots of hills, 6.5 mile bike ride. This is what I ate before leaving to give me the energy to make it: P1030334 toasted one of these...which I LOVE for all kinds of sammiches...from peanut butter to chicken to burgers! I smeared a little apple butter on them, just because it's so cinnamony good. P1030333 Then when I got back, I took these items: IMG_0154 Scoop protein powder, tbsp flaxseed meal, sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg, and a whole pre-baked sweet potato blended together with a cup of skim milk. I call it my sweet potato pie protein shake. YUMMIO! IMG_0143

No comments:

Post a Comment