Monday, January 3, 2011

Motivation Monday: WEEK 2

Yes, I realize there wasn't a Week 1 but this is Week 2 of this blog, so that is the way I'm counting. Anyway, Monday seems like a good day to motivate yourself to renew any goals you may have set but kinda strayed from on the weekend. That happens to me ALOT! I'll be doing good with my clean eating all week eating lots of veggies and chicken and fish; and then the weekend comes and I wind up cooking and eating the foods my guys love like bbq, pizza, hot wings, or big juicy cheese burgers! So, I start all over on Monday. Just because you have a little slip every now and then, doesn't mean you can't start over the next day.

As for my exercise, I stay motivated to run on M/W/F by thinking about and imagining myself doing it the night before and all day the day of until I do it. I plan ahead and make sure I have some really good tunage cued up on my ipod (I'll be sharing some of that with y'all tomorrow), and have my running clothes laid out. I'll admit, some days it is really hard if it's been cold all day with the wind blowing but I try to think of it as an adventure I get to go on; and when I drive up and see my dog, Skeeter waiting on me...I know I have to go.

"You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them."---Michael Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment